Announcing the 2019 Honourees to BC Entertainment Hall of Fame!
The BC Entertainment Hall of Fame (BCEHOF) today announced its 2019 BCEHOF inductees. These eight new StarWalk Stars and five Pioneer Stars from the world of music, dance, theatre and film/television will join the 275+ previous inductees who have been recognized for their significant contribution to the province’s entertainment industry and cultural landscape.
“The BCEHOF is proud and excited to present a very diverse and impressive group of Pioneer and StarWalk inductees who represent artistic excellence in British Columbia,” stated BCEHOF President Rob Haynes. “We look forward to scheduling and celebrating their individual inductions at various high profile events over the coming months to honour their contribution.”
The 2019 StarWalk inductees are:
- Colin James – 7-time Juno award winning star
- Emily Molnar – Artistic Director, Ballet BC
- Bob Buckley – Composer and musician
- Nardwuar – Media personality
- Karin Konoval – Film, television and stage actress
- Moira Walley-Beckett – 3-time Emmy Award winner, producer and actress
- Rick Scott – Musician and recording artist
- Joani Taylor – Jazz vocalist
The Pioneer inductees are those who have left an indelible mark on BC’s entertainment landscape and this year include:
- Jeff Groberman – Producer and writer
- Anna Hagan – Actress and artistic director
- The Crump Twins – Legendary entertainers from the 1940’s
- Mel Warner – Concert promoter
- Terrance Kelly – Film, television and stage actor
StarWalk Star members are recognized with a featured star on the Walk of Fame on Granville Street in downtown Vancouver and on the StarWall Gallery in the historic Orpheum Theatre upper lobby. Pioneer Star members are acknowledged on the Honour Plaque in the Orpheum lobby.
BCEHOF is proud to acknowledge these outstanding individuals with appreciation to ensure their work is long recognized for its importance and value.